Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013


//D&C 8:8

Therefore, doubt not, for it is the gift of God; and you shall hold it in your hands, and do marvelous works; and no power shall be able to take it away out of your hands, for it is the work of God.

The Holy Ghost is a beautiful and wonderful gift which I am so grateful for. I stumbled upon this scripture yesterday and I am so glad I did. The spirit gives us promptings for a reason and it is up to us to have faith and follow them, even if it scares us. When entering college about two years ago I had a huge dream, one that deemed me courageous, one that would make people proud. I had made this decision to become this great and talented fashion journalist. I was going to boost the confidence of women with the written word. I was excited and dove head first into lifes possibilities. However, this dream took a turn. I set high goals for myself without consulting with the Lord and seeing if this was the path I was to take. It took two years to realize, but this "dream" wasn't meant to be. And you know what? That's okay. In the process I made new dreams, some that are in fact coming true and I could not be happier. The Holy Ghost will never lead us astray. Listen to the spirit and cling to the love of our Savior with all your might. He loves us and has a set plan for each of us. It just take a little leap of faith but I know we will be blessed.

I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and I love my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment